25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS - DAY 6
Yesterday Callie opened her Doc McStuffins book and thought it was fantastic. It's fun that she's finally getting into the reading part and not just the opening. I love that reading the stories is also a family affair so we get to snuggle and rotate who reads! Callie and I also painted a snowman that I will post tomorrow - it still needs it's special SU! scarf! Snoozle was hanging out on the snowman to remind us to craft.
Today we are a cookie making factory. I'm in a fun cookie exchange that is finally happening tonight. Since I forgot to buy freezer bags, I had to save my baking until today. Good thing is that I have already done a trial batch and they were delicious! I'm making Cranberry and White Chocolate Cookies - you can find the recipe here! Snoozle made some flour snow angels in the flour - it was messy and Callie said "What happens when Snoozle is naughty?" I will need to find a better answer to that question then "I don't know" for the next time she asks.
HOLIDAY PROJECT - HOLIDAY COOKIE PACKAGING
Seems logical that today's project to post is my holiday cookie exchange packaging! I designed the recipe and tags using MDS. Here's how I did it.
- Created an individual page that is 8 1/2 x 11 for the recipe.
- Added the O Christmas Tree paper to the project and changed the opacity so that the writing would show up better on it.
- I added some embellishments from this digital kit and added a text box to each one to add the title, the ingredients, and the directions.
- I added an additional page and inserted a 1.25 circle punch. Then I right-clicked on the punch and clicked Edit Properties to make it 1.75 circle. That way I could punch it out with my 1 3/4 Circle Punch.
- I filled the punch with the same O Christmas Tree DSP and changed the opacity to match the recipe.
- I added the text box to the circle and typed the title for my cookie.
- Once I finished one, I highlighted all the components for the tag and grouped together. Then I duplicated them and made a row of 4. I grouped those and made 5 rows (since I needed 16 labels).
- I printed it using the Print option under design center on Very Vanilla Cardstock.
Cardstock/DSP: Very Vanilla, O Christmas Tree Digital DSP
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Stamp Set: Festive Flurries, O Christmas Tree Digital Kit
Accessories: My Digital Studio (MDS), Big Shot & Cutting Mats, Magnetic Platform, Festive Flurries, Dimensionals, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Gusseted Cello Bags (retired), Paper Snips, 1 3/4 Circle Punch.
I hope that you find time this holiday to bake with your families and share a little joy with those you love and appreciate.
Have a craftastic day,