This project was adorable. You all thought so too since the refills sold out in record time. I think it's the papers which would be perfect for cards - I love that watercolor look. I had a whole bundle of cards planned for this one but since it's sold out, I went ahead and just did the calendar.
Just a few tips to make this calendar project even more fun.
- When stamping November, make sure you place the flowered oval die cut on the calendar piece first so you know how you need to stamp on it. Mine didn't cover up the number beneath so I had to add another flower.
- Use a dimensional to hold down the end of your Baker's Twine or Gold Thread and then start creating your loops. When you have loops you like, use dimensionals strategically to hold it in place. It gave me a little better results.
- Do all your stamping before you add dimensionals. I added dimensionals behind all my flowers too for extra volume. It still fits on the rack.
- Remember that putting a Paper Piercing Mat under your paper while stamping with the photopolymer stamp sets will give you the best image.
- Check out the YouTube video from Stampin' Up! for this kit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgLsUo7Pz7Y
Tomorrow, I'm going to flash back to November's Paper Pumpkin kit because I never posted my samples. So don't worry - while I still have my Christmas tree up and my outdoor lights shining, I am not continuing to celebrate the holiday season! I just like all the lights!
Paper Pumpkin is probably my favorite Stampin' Up! offering. As a demonstrator, I'm often having fun conducting classes but it's nice to take some every once in a while. Paper Pumpkin lets me be creative without having to design! That being said, I do design a few alternative ideas using supplies from the kit to send out to my customers that subscribe with me. If you are looking for a way to be creative at home at a great price, I highly recommend investing in Paper Pumpkin. From now until March 31st, you can purchase a pre-paid subscription for $55. Not only will you receive three months of Paper Pumpkin in the mail but you will also get to pick out a Sale-a-Bration item for free!
Order HERE today using hostess code 7TEKJKYF when checking out.
Have a craftastic day,