Today's projects feature the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies (137547, $39.95) from the 2015 Occasions Catalog.
This set is well worth the money as it has all these pieces to make the bag and then also to decorate them using coordinating cardstock and designer papers. Look at all these thinlits!!!
The first project is a gift card holder I designed for my husband's birthday. I haven't yet decided what to give him. Is it selfish to give him a couple's massage? Not as selfish as giving me one solo for his special day and leaving him with the kids! The other option is a gift certificate to his favorite beer store which is where I'm actually leaning at this point. Either way, it's something he'll enjoy.
The gift card features the Best Year Ever DSP which is available only during Sale-a-Bration. The bag and banners use this paper and the For You is using the embossed Simply Irresistable DSP also exclusive to the Sale-a-Bration promotion. You can get either of these products on my Web site for free when you spend $50 (before shipping & tax). See your full options below!
- Cardstock/DSP: Best Year Ever DSP, Soft Suede, Whisper White, Simply Irresistible DSP
- Stamp Set: None
- Ink: Soft Suede, Crushed Curry
- Accessories: Mini Treat Bag Thinlit Dies, Big Shot, Magnetic Platform and Cutting Mats, Dimensionals, Adhesive
Because I had this project done, I thought future gift card holders could just be modeled off of it! I was asked to design a gift card holder for a silent auction which I eagerly agreed to. The gift card was for a breakfast at the fire house and needed to stand out on the table. Since firehouse colors are black and red and I always think of water and stars with fireman, I thought I had a good idea to start with. But, sometimes you put supplies together, stand back, and go "uh oh." I didn't like it.
Several hours later, I realized that I needed to pull the gold glitter off and just keep with black and red and finally landed on this project which I really like. The red glitter paper will make it stand out on the table. And the droplet paper reminded me of water so how cool is that? I like how that pattern on the DSP lines up with the center of the stars! (Note: The white rectangle isn't part of the project but I didn't figure the contact wanted his info all over the internet!)
- Cardstock/DSP: Red Glitter Paper, Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White, Back to Black DSP
- Stamp Set: None
- Ink: None
- Accessories: Mini Treat Bag Thinlit Dies, Big Shot, Magnetic Platform and Cutting Mats, Starburst Framelits, Brights Candy Dots, Neutral Candy Dots, Dimensionals, Adhesive
When doing these bags, you want to make sure you put the dies into the Big Shot the right way. Did you know there is a right way? These projects taught me that if you look at your dies, they have the word "Sizzix" on them. Make sure that you can read that, left to right, and that will cut and score your paper. If you put your die into the Big Shot with the Sizzix vertical, it doesn't cut and score cleanly or tears your DSP!
During Sale-a-Bration, you can choose from several stamp sets and accessories. Click the links below to see the variety of amazing products.
- Original SAB offerings: http://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/catalogs/2014-2015/2015_SAB/20150106_SAB_en-US.pdf
- March Only SAB offerings: http://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/SAB2015/2nd%20Release/Flyer_SAB2_demo_Feb1715_US.pdf
- New Offerings from Annual Catalog for Sale-a-Bration: http://www.stampinup.com/us/documents/Flyer_SABadditional_demo_Mar1715_USCA.pdf
Sale-a-Bration lasts until March 31st and then these items are gone! When you place your online order at my store, please use hostess code 3J4FHRJJ for any orders under $150.
Have a craftastic day,