I am also a big fan of our Designer Papers. I love that you can simply turn them over and have a whole new theme. Such is the case with these cards that were the make-n-take at my workshop last night. One side of the Sweater Weather Designer Paper lends itself to Halloween and the other lends itself to Thanksgiving. I also LOVE our candy dots. After the card was all put together, I realized that it needed something extra. I was able to add a "brad" without the legs showing in the back. Whoo hoo!
- Cardstock/Paper: Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper (1 7/8 x 5 1/4, 2 3/4 x 5 1/4), Sahara Sand (2 3/4 x 2 3/4), Whisper White (8 1/2 x 5 1/2)
- Stamps: Tags 4 You
- Ink: Tangerine Tango or Chocolate Chip
- Accessories: Big Shot, Cutting Mats, Magnetic Platform, Circles Card Thinlit, Label Bracket Punch, Bold Brights or Neutrals Candy Dots, Bone Folder, Dimensionals, Scissors, and Adhesive
- Do NOT fold your Whisper White cardstock in half. Run it through the Big Shot using the Card Thinlit. Press it flush against the left side. My Big Shot makes a VERY loud noise when you run this through - it's okay. Set the 2 1/2 x 5 1/2 scrap to the side. Use the bone folder to make sure the scores are sharp so the card closes.
- Place the Card Thinlit back on the cutting mat. Center the pieces of DSP in the framelit with about 1/8 inch space on all sides. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE SIDES UP THAT YOU WANT TO USE ON THE CARD. Run through the Big Shot. Set the circle scraps to the side. If you don't like my embellishment cluster, you can use other framelits in the set on the DSP. If you do this, do it before you attach it to the card. The DSP is attached using adhesive.
- Run the Sahara Sand piece through the Big Shot using the Scallop Circle Framelit. Attach to the center using adhesive.
- With the 2 1/2 x 5 1/2 strip that is left over from the thinlit, stamp the seasonal image of your choice. Use Chocolate Chip for Thanksgiving and Tangerine Tango for Halloween. Punch out using the Label Bracket punch and attach to the Sahara Sand Scallop as shown.
- Layer the half circles on the lower right side as shown using adhesive.
- Take the scrap that you used for the Tags 4 You image and punch out a bracket. Trim the ends using your Paper Snips. Attach to the card using adhesive.
- Attach a candy dot in the correct color to the cluster.
To view the Card Thinlits that are available, click the image below!
If you decide to order any of these downloads or anything else outside of a party, please use the hostess code of J3R4BYRD. I will put your name into a drawing for a mystery hostess if the monthly online workshop qualifies for free merchandise.
Have a craftastic day,