In December, I did another installment of the Online Creative Convention with Ronda Wade and Maggie Patterson. This convention focused on kicking off 2014 in the right way and how to schedule Sale-A-Bration workshops. It also included some great make and take projects like always. I really enjoy seeing samples from other demonstrators because it gives me and my customers a new way to think about our great products!
This card is based on a make and take that we did during that convention. The original sample had a Coastal Cabana base with Whisper White as the 2nd layer. The image was done with the Coastal Cabana and Real Red markers and the Crumb Cake piece was embossed with a striped embossing folder. I loved the card but I couldn't get my markers to not smear and really needed a card for my stamp camp that was from the Brights color family! So I changed the base to Whisper White, the 2nd layer to Real Red and embossed it with an embossing folder available during Sale-A-Bration, and then used a single color on the saying to make it easier for my customers.
Because I was cutting down the Real Red, it left me with a strip of 4 1/4 x 1/2. I used the hexagon punch and made a quick banner that let me use the scrap and also add another pop of color. I think the layout of this card and the color combo in that Fresh Prints DSP Pack are going to be very fun to play with this Spring!
- Cardstock: Whisper White (8 1/2 x 5 1/2, 4 1/4 x 2 3/4), Real Red (5 1/4 x 4, 1/2 x 4), Crumb Cake (2 3/4 x 2 3/4 square), Fresh Prints DSP Stack (stripes - 2 x 4)
- Ink: Coastal Cabana
- Stamps: Love You to the Moon
- Accessories: 2 1/2 Circle Punch, Big Shot & Cutting Mats, Magnetic Platform, Chalk Talk Framelits, Textured Boutique, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder, Basic Rhinestones, Hexagon Punch, Dimensionals, and Adhesive
- Run the Real Red cardstock through the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder and the Textured Boutique. Attach to the folded Whisper White card.
- Layer the strip of Fresh Prints DSP on the center of the card using adhesive.
- Using the hexagon punch, punch an end in the strip of Real Red and make a banner end. Layer on the card using adhesive.
- Adhere the circle of Crumb Cake to the card using adhesive.
- Stamp the saying of your choice on the piece of Whisper White and punch out using the Chalk Talk framelit & the Big Shot. Layer on the card using dimensionals.
- Add Rhinestones as desired.