If you are looking for a way to give without attending, Miss Ella is also selling scented lotions to raise money for her school's new air conditioner. They are $20 each and come in Pumpkin Latte and Lemon Yuzu. Since I'm allergic to citrus, I didn't try that one but I did try the Pumpkin Latte and bought one on the spot. My hands feel lovely! If you are interested in either product, please leave me a comment and I'll route you to this great little girl for payment.
I won't be making it but I was able to make something to raffle off to help raise money for the school.
The card was a version of what I taught at my Holiday stamp camps in October. This time I did two layers of embossing and sponging to create a more dimensional flower.
To create the card, you follow these simple steps:
- Rub the bottom of the Real Red cardstock with the embossing buddy, stamp and emboss the saying.
- Stamp the poinsettia in VersaMark on Whisper White cardstock.
- Emboss with White embossing powder.
- Sponge with a sponge and Real Red ink to your desired saturation.
- Sponge the center and ends of the poinsettia with Raspberry Ripple ink to your desired saturation.
- Rub with a tissue or Swiffer sheet to remove the excess ink from the white embossing powder.
- Cut out and use a bone folder to fold the bottom leaves down and the top leaves up.
- Layer on the card front using dimensionals.
- Cut two pieces of cardstock at 8 x 9.
- Score both pieces at 1 3/4 and 6 1/4 on the 8" side and at 1 3/4 and 8 on the 9" side.
- Fold along the score lines.
- Cut up the 1 3/4 score lines and fold in to create the bottom of the bag and adhere them with sticky strip.
- Fold over the 1" score line and secure with sticky strip.
- See which bag piece fits best into the other leaving a straight edge.
- Put sticky strip on the two sides of one of the box pieces and the bottom and slide the two pieces together.
The flower on the bag is done the same as with the cards but has several pearls arranged in a circle to form the center of the flower. I didn't put them on the card to make it easy for them to mail without extra postage! The ribbon on the bag box is the Mistletoe Original Ribbon and is held in place by a strip of sticky strip behind the knot.
Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White
Stamp Set: Joyful Christmas
Ink: VersaMark, Pear Pizzazz, Real Red, Raspberry Ripple
Accessories: Mistletoe Original Ribbon (retired), Embossing Gun, White Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Powder Pal, Sponge, Tissue/Swiffer Sheet, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals, Scissors, Bone Folder, and Sticky Strip.
The hostess code for online orders for next month is G3SGBMJK. Anyone that purchases anything online by 11/24 can enter this code. If we reach a qualifying party total ($150), I will draw a mystery hostess from those that purchased and the lucky winner will get the free merchandise.
Have a craftastic day,