I had a goal this year to spend more time tapping into the artsy side of myself and not just the stamp and inks side of things. I feel like Mixed Media canvases are a great way to combine different medias for a unique result. I'm not sure that Modge Podge is the best product for a pregnant woman but thankfully the weather was nice when I finished this project up so I could open the window.
For the background of this project, I used My Digital Studio. I took three photos from Cheryl's house that I got during Callie's first and second Halloweens. Isn't she adorable!!!
I changed the opacity to 30% and used the photo effects to make it black and white. I repeated this process with the other two photos to get the curio cabinet and spider web. The opacity setting is completely up to you - do what allows you to see all three images to the right degree. Also, use the page layers icon to help put them in the right order so that you have the correct image on the top of your project. Then use the Print option under Share from the Design Center to print the project on White cardstock.
Once printed, I cut it out with my trimmer and attached to my canvas using Modge Podge. For the zombie girl, I was inspired by this picture I found on Pinterest. A few highlights:
- I cut her head freehand using Very Vanilla cardstock.
- I used the Boho Blossoms punch to punch out a daisy for one eye.
- I did not use our Basic Black marker as it will smear with the Modge Podge so I used a Sharpie for this project.
- The skull is stamped in White craft ink and cut out. Instead of using dimensionals, I used a glue gun to give it depth so that it wouldn't fall off when hung.
- The shoes are done using the Scallop Edge Border punch and cut down individual scallops.
- Cardstock/DSP: Witches' Brew DSP, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
- Stamp Set: Halloween Hello
- Ink: White Craft
- Accessories: Black Wire (retired), Neutrals Candy Dots, Summer Starfruit Stitched Ribbon, Boho Blossoms Punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Black Permanent Marker, Glue Gun, Scallop Edge Border Punch.
I just finished my Creative Convention Online where I got a lot of great ideas from Ronda Wade and Maggie Patterson. I'm pretty excited about all the things I learned from them and the other demonstrators through the live chats. You will see a different business model from me in 2014 but I think you will all really enjoy the changes.
Remember that today is the last day to join my Stampin' Up! family for only $25. Contact me today for more details!