I posted my spooky banner a while back but this week I will post a series of projects that were either developed using Stampin' Up! products or were done during our weekly crafting playdate with Callie's buddy, Henry.
Today's post is the first project Callie and I did together for the holidays. I was inspired by this post on Pinterest that had mason jars wrapped in cheesecloth with googlie eyes. Since Callie is a painter, I thought this might be a better fit for a mommy/daughter project. As you can see, she was very focused.
For the pumpkin jar, I added a little Pumpkin Pie ink refill and for the Frankie jar I added Old Olive.
As you can see, she had a blast.
When it came to decorate them, I used leftover vinyl from when we sold it at Stampin' Up! to do the face on the pumpkin jar. I also used some Season of Style Washi Tape on the rim.
The ghost jar is the 1" Circle Punch and the 3/4 Circle Punch. It even has eyelashes cut out from the black under the eyelids. It was supposed to have a cheesecloth over it but it looked a bit like a ghost sheik so I left it alone. It has Witches Brew Washi tape on the rim.
The hair on the Frankie jar was cut by Callie, confirming that she is indeed left-handed. The eyes are made using the 3/4 Circle Punch, 1/2 Circle Punch, and small oval punches. I free cut out the mouth. The hair is attached using sticky strip and dimensionals.
Mason Jars (non-SU), White Paint (non-SU), Old Olive Ink Refill, Pumpkin Pie Ink Refill, Vinyl (retired), Paper Snips, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, Adhesive, 1" Circle Punch, 3/4 Circle Punch, 1/2 Circle Punch, Small Oval Punch, Paint Brush (non-SU), Season of Style Washi Tape, Witches Brew Washi Tape.
I hope you have a little time this Halloween season to craft with your kids, grandkids, nieces/nephews, or each other.
You can join SU for only $25 from October 7-21, 2013. This offer is only good for two weeks, so take advantage of it right away! During this offer, only the special $25 starter kit will be available; the regular $99 starter kit will not be available. The $25 Starter Kit includes:
- $26.95 worth of Stampin' Up! product (it must be more than $25, but not more than $26.95 before tax)
- Business pack which includes: Customer postcards, Customer Order Forms, Getting Started DVD, A package of the current seasonal catalog, A box of annual catalogs
When you hold your first Workshop or place an order yourself within 45 days of signing up, you will receive 30% instant income and any eligible hostess benefits if you host your own event. You also get two months FREE of the Demonstrator Business Web Services (DBWS)!
Perks to joining my team:
- Free admission to my hostess appreciation event on November 9th
- 50% camp fees for my buffets and camps
- Instant Income - you receive 20% back on all orders placed with you. If you are a hobby demonstrator, you would basically have no shipping/tax plus 4% back.
- If your sales each month reach$ 400, you will receive 5% volume rebate back. Higher sales, higher volume rebates.
- Eligibility to attend Regionals and Convention
- Eligibility for incentive trips
- Pre-order and sneak peek opportunities
- Demonstrator only specials
- Demonstrator only Webinars and training on new products and promotions
- Stampin' Success - a bi-monthly magazine delivered to your door around the 15th of the month filled with ideas and business tips
- Inclusion in the Creatively Inspired meetings for free -- includes business discussions, training, make-n-takes, card swaps, and product challenges
- Free attendance for my hostess appreciation event in November
- Access to all my instruction sheets for buffet and exclusive club projects