We found some rocks in our backyard to take with us on our crafting playdate. Turned out that I only had acrylic black paint so thank goodness Meghan had other paint that was kid friendly.
Callie prefers to craft than take photographs.
They had so much fun we ended up outside looking for more rocks and using golf balls too for the spiders. Callie has a tendency to say "Spiders!!!" from an episode of Doc McStuffins so she did that the whole time she made these. Henry started doing it too at the end!
We hot glued on the pipe cleaners on the bottom of the rock using a hot glue gun. I know now why the first post on Pinterest had straight legs - it's harder to bend these than I thought. I wish I could blame that disaster on Callie but I can't - that was all me.
Callie made a golf ball spider for her Nana and Papa. If you make these, be aware that the glue will make the ball stand up off the legs. Rocks work better since they are flat on the bottom.
Black Paint, Paint Brushes, Pipe cleaners, Googlie Eyes (retired), Glue Gun
This is a great project to do with your kids. You could make a web of cheesecloth to go underneath them and you can get pipe cleaners at any craft store. To help them dry, you can hit them with a hair dryer. We were going to use the oven at 250 but we were afraid that would cause an unexpected science experiment with the golf balls.
It's digital Tuesday! Stampin' Up! has released new digital downloads. Click on the image below to be taken to my SU Web site where you can view the individual downloads in more detail.
When you order online, make sure you use hostess code TUBSEAHG and be entered for a drawing as the mystery hostess at the end of the month. I have enough orders to qualify for a workshop so someone will be a lucky winner!!!
You can join SU for only $25 from October 7-21, 2013. This offer is only good for two weeks, so take advantage of it right away! During this offer, only the special $25 starter kit will be available; the regular $99 starter kit will not be available. The $25 Starter Kit includes:
- $26.95 worth of Stampin' Up! product (it must be more than $25, but not more than $26.95 before tax)
- Business pack which includes: Customer postcards, Customer Order Forms, Getting Started DVD, A package of the current seasonal catalog, A box of annual catalogs
When you hold your first Workshop or place an order yourself within 45 days of signing up, you will receive 30% instant income and any eligible hostess benefits if you host your own event. You also get two months FREE of the Demonstrator Business Web Services (DBWS)!
Perks to joining my team:
- Free admission to my hostess appreciation event on November 9th
- 50% camp fees for my buffets and camps
- Instant Income - you receive 20% back on all orders placed with you. If you are a hobby demonstrator, you would basically have no shipping/tax plus 4% back.
- If your sales each month reach$ 400, you will receive 5% volume rebate back. Higher sales, higher volume rebates.
- Eligibility to attend Regionals and Convention
- Eligibility for incentive trips
- Pre-order and sneak peek opportunities
- Demonstrator only specials
- Demonstrator only Webinars and training on new products and promotions
- Stampin' Success - a bi-monthly magazine delivered to your door around the 15th of the month filled with ideas and business tips
- Inclusion in the Creatively Inspired meetings for free -- includes business discussions, training, make-n-takes, card swaps, and product challenges
- Free attendance for my hostess appreciation event in November
- Access to all my instruction sheets for buffet and exclusive club projects