When you make these, you have to start with a form for them. Most blog posts I saw used soda bottles and dowels but you can use what you have around. In this case, I asked Meghan if we were making Molotov cocktails but neither of us drink soda much so there weren't those bottles to use. You use tape or washi tape to attach the arms and the Styrofoam ball at the top.
Then you cut your cheesecloth to cover your form. You want it to pool at the bottom since that is what provides the support for it to stand. We ended up with about 2 yards on this little guy.
The kiddos spray the liquid starch on the cheesecloth until it's really wet. Don't forget to really spray around the head or else when you pull it off the form, it won't really hold a shape for a head.
Callie named her ghosts Scary though it's not scary at all. She likes to keep her eye on it.
As for kiddo crafts, we are done with the Halloween crafts for now for our playdates/ Moving forward, I will post our kiddo craft every Thursday, whether is uses Stampin' Up! materials or not. I think it's important to explore creativity with your children and I hope some of these ideas help make that easier for you and your family!
You can join SU for only $25 from October 7-21, 2013. This offer is only good for two weeks, so take advantage of it right away! During this offer, only the special $25 starter kit will be available; the regular $99 starter kit will not be available. The $25 Starter Kit includes:
- $26.95 worth of Stampin' Up! product (it must be more than $25, but not more than $26.95 before tax)
- Business pack which includes: Customer postcards, Customer Order Forms, Getting Started DVD, A package of the current seasonal catalog, A box of annual catalogs
When you hold your first Workshop or place an order yourself within 45 days of signing up, you will receive 30% instant income and any eligible hostess benefits if you host your own event. You also get two months FREE of the Demonstrator Business Web Services (DBWS)!
Perks to joining my team:
- Free admission to my hostess appreciation event on November 9th
- 50% camp fees for my buffets and camps
- Instant Income - you receive 20% back on all orders placed with you. If you are a hobby demonstrator, you would basically have no shipping/tax plus 4% back.
- If your sales each month reach$ 400, you will receive 5% volume rebate back. Higher sales, higher volume rebates.
- Eligibility to attend Regionals and Convention
- Eligibility for incentive trips
- Pre-order and sneak peek opportunities
- Demonstrator only specials
- Demonstrator only Webinars and training on new products and promotions
- Stampin' Success - a bi-monthly magazine delivered to your door around the 15th of the month filled with ideas and business tips
- Inclusion in the Creatively Inspired meetings for free -- includes business discussions, training, make-n-takes, card swaps, and product challenges
- Free attendance for my hostess appreciation event in November
- Access to all my instruction sheets for buffet and exclusive club projects