This week's final Paper Pumpkin project is a décor item since I'm decorating my house today with all my handmade Halloween goodies!
I took two burlap bags and cut them apart with my fabric scissors. I love that these things cut like butter! I cut the pieces along the threads so they could be somewhat straight. I stitched the top using the black thread and then used a glue gun to fold the burlap over so it wouldn't break!
I stamped the Happy Halloween on one of the tags included using the Ink Spot and then cut that into strips. I bent the top and attached to the thread using a glue gun again. The little birds on top are from the sticker sheet in the kit.
I inked up Boo one letter at a time using a post-it to mask the letters off that I didn't need. I punched them out using a 1" Circle punch. I then found my favorite Disney Halloween pictures from the last two years. I printed them as wallets and then cut them down using the layering tag as a template. The third spot is open because this year Callie picked Monster's Inc. for our costumes so I want to have a place for that family photo to go once those costumes are made.... oh yeah... costumes need to go on the to do list! The tags are hot glued on as well.
As a reminder, Paper Pumpkin kits are mailed to your door and provide all the supplies you need to complete adorable projects (excluding scissors and adhesive). You get a photopolymer stamp set, a Stampin' Spot of ink, instructions, and all the supplies needed to make either cards or 3D objects depending on the month. The cost is $19.95 per month and you need to sign up by the 10th of the month to receive that month's kit around the 18th. Kits are designed to take 30 minutes if you follow the instructions in the kit which is great for busy moms and new crafters. Those with more experience can combine kits with other craft supplies and take a little more time to literally think "outside the box." Have more questions - contact me today!
YOU CAN DO THIS TOO!
To sign up for Paper Pumpkin, visit https://mypaperpumpkin.com/en/?demoid=80380.
Perks for signing up under me:
- I have committed to having additional samples created using the kit by the first week of the month. That way those that are cardmakers have options just like those that scrapbook or like decor.
- I will post frequent updates to the Pinterest board I have dedicated to Paper Pumpkin projects - again providing you inspiration to use with your kit if you need something different from the instructions included!
- I will host a Paper Pumpkin party that is free for the recipients of Paper Pumpkin with me. Those crafting friends can come for free and enjoy good company and a pumpkin snack while putting together your kits. These events will usually be the first Wednesday of the month! There will also be a door prize given each month to the attendees and if you want to make any of the samples I show using the kit (that doesn't require hardware like frames), I will provide that for attendees as well.
From October 1st – October 6th, Stampin’ Up! is offering 15% off some of your favorite supplies! During that time you can purchase select inks, paper, envelopes, and adhesive at 15% off! They will also be offering some stamp sets at 20% off. You can order online through 10/6 using the hostess code of F3R3UJ2G and ship right to you.
Items on sale are:
All ink pads are 15% off so instead of 5.95, they are 5.06
STAMPS: (see attachment for images)
134018 Big News (Clear) - was 31.95, now 25.56
134015 Big News (Wood) - was 43.95, now 35.16
134288 Playful Pennants (Clear) - was 16.95, now 13.56
134285 Playful Pennants (Wood) – was 21.95, now 17.56
134198 Choose Happiness (Clear) - was 17.95, now 14.36
134195 Choose Happiness (Wood) - was 24.95, now 19.96
122497 Petite Pairs (Clear) - was 20.95, now 16.76
128706 Petite Pairs (Wood) – was 28.95, now 23.16
134234 So Very Happy (Clear) – was 17.95, now 14.36
134231 So Very Happy (Wood) - was 24.95, now 19.96
133681 Card Stock In Color 8-1/2" x 11" 2014-2016 - was $6.95, now $5.91
131200 Card Stock 8-1/2 x 11 In Color 2013-2015 - was $6.95, now $5.91
131190 Card Stock 8-1/2 x 11 Brights - was $6.95, now $5.91
131193 Card Stock 8-1/2 x 11 Subtles- was $6.95, now $5.91
131192 Card Stock 8-1/2 x 11 Regals - was $6.95, now $5.91
131191 Card Stock 8-1/2 x 11 Neutrals - was $6.95, now $5.91
100730 Card Stock 8-1/2" x 11" Whisper White - was $8.50, now $7.23
107297 Envelopes Medium Crumb Cake - was $6.50, now $5.53
107300 Envelopes Medium Very Vanilla - was $6.50, now $5.53
107301 Envelopes Medium Whisper White - was $6.50, now $5.53
102619 Envelopes Medium Clear Translucent - was $4.95, now $4.21
129026 Adhesive Fast Fuse - was $9.95, now $8.46
129027 Adhesive Refill Fast Fuse - was $7.50, now $6.38
Contact me today to take advantage of these great offers!
As we enter October and also World Card making Week, I have a special of my own. Between October 1st and October 6th, you will get your name put into a drawing each time you:
- Purchase $25 worth of product – in person or online - http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dwbs=80380. If placing an online order not tied to a hostess, please use F3R3UJ2G when checking out so I can track it easily! (one entry for each $25 increment before shipping/tax)
- Attend a stamp camp or workshop (one entry per attendee)
- Sign up for Paper Pumpkin as a new subscriber - https://mypaperpumpkin.com/en/?demoid=80380 (1 entry)
- Sign back up for Paper Pumpkin as a previous subscriber - https://mypaperpumpkin.com/en/?demoid=80380 (2 entries)
- Sign up as a demonstrator - http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/stacymccain/jointhefun?dwbs=80380 (5 entries)
- Pay your Holiday Stamp Camp fee - it must be received by 10/6, not postmarked and I will grandfather in those that already sent checks (1 entry per attendee)
Have a craftastic day,