- Saying: Happy Thanksgiving
- Saying: Holiday calories don't count
- Saying: There's no such thing as too much pie
- Saying: Thankful for you
- Image: small heart
When I first saw this kit, I wasn't sure what I thought of the yellow pom poms or the pie image on the front. It wasn't a "decor" item like I was used to but then I realized that it was just posed for a picture. The standard project looks like this and is Sweet as Pie all on it's own!
Once I started playing, I couldn't believe how versatile the kit was and all these projects were created in just over 1 hour with minimal additional supplies. Those pie piece boxes made great treat holders and who doesn't love something stamped with "Holiday Calories Don't Count"... because they don't until the holidays are over, right?
The first modified project I made with this kit is this hanging treat holder. It reminds me so much of Fraggle Rock that I smile each time I look at it and hum the theme song in my head. I cut off the box flap so I could have it be open and then I punched a hole and ran a piece of the yarn through it. I put a pom on each end and stamped the saying. I think these would be GREAT hanging on a Christmas tree with some Real Red or Cherry Cobbler ribbon.... I'll post that project later!
Callie can't wait for this one to go into use on her door - I may have created a monster when I told her what it's for but maybe I'll put carrots in a baggie in it and see what she does.... :) These boxes are food safe after all!
As a reminder, Paper Pumpkin kits are mailed to your door and provide all the supplies you need to complete adorable projects (excluding scissors). You get a photopolymer stamp set, a Stampin' Spot of ink, instructions, and all the supplies needed to make either cards or 3D objects depending on the month. The cost is $19.95 per month and you need to sign up by the 10th of the month to receive that month's kit around the 18th. Kits are designed to take 30 minutes if you follow the instructions in the kit which is great for busy moms and new crafters. Those with more experience can combine kits with other craft supplies and take a little more time to literally think "outside the box." Have more questions - contact me today!
YOU CAN DO THIS TOO!
To sign up for Paper Pumpkin, visit https://mypaperpumpkin.com/en/?demoid=80380.
Perks for signing up under me:
- I have committed to having additional samples created using the kit by the first week of the month. That way those that are cardmakers have options just like those that scrapbook or like decor.
- I will post frequent updates to the Pinterest board I have dedicated to Paper Pumpkin projects - again providing you inspiration to use with your kit if you need something different from the instructions included!
- I will host a Paper Pumpkin party that is free for the recipients of Paper Pumpkin with me. Those crafting friends can come for free and enjoy good company and a pumpkin snack while putting together your kits. These events will usually be the first Wednesday of the month! There will also be a door prize given each month to the attendees and if you want to make any of the samples I show using the kit (that doesn't require hardware like frames), I will provide that for attendees as well.
Have a craftastic day and come back tomorrow for details on another project!Stacy