Welcome to my week of Paper Pumpkin projects using the October Paper Pumpkin kit - Sweet as Pie. This kit came with a five piece stamp set which included the following images:
- Saying: Happy Thanksgiving
- Saying: Holiday calories don't count
- Saying: There's no such thing as too much pie
- Saying: Thankful for you
- Image: small heart
The first card I made here uses the Gorgeous Grunge splatter again. I inked up just the For You from the Thankful for You stamp and stamped on a strip of Very Vanilla. I distressed the edges of the feather using my fingernail and attached to the card using the glue dots included with the kit. I then raised the saying up on dimensionals and stamped a small heart above the For. I love the speed of this card.
For the second card, I modified the "There's no such thing as too much pie" by removing the ink from Pie. I then stamped just the Happy from "Happy Thanksgiving" and raised it up on a dimensional so that it had some dimension. The saying is stamped on a piece of the die cut label. I cut off the two striped pieces and layered them on the card. The kraft piece is the top of the box that I cut up for the hanging pouch project I posted Sunday.
Supplies outside of the Paper Pumpkin kit:
Gorgeous Grunge stamp set, Crumb Cake cardstock, Very Vanilla cardstock, Dimensionals
As a reminder, Paper Pumpkin kits are mailed to your door and provide all the supplies you need to complete adorable projects (excluding scissors and adhesive). You get a photopolymer stamp set, a Stampin' Spot of ink, instructions, and all the supplies needed to make either cards or 3D objects depending on the month. The cost is $19.95 per month and you need to sign up by the 10th of the month to receive that month's kit around the 18th. Kits are designed to take 30 minutes if you follow the instructions in the kit which is great for busy moms and new crafters. Those with more experience can combine kits with other craft supplies and take a little more time to literally think "outside the box." Have more questions - contact me today!
YOU CAN DO THIS TOO!
To sign up for Paper Pumpkin, visit https://mypaperpumpkin.com/en/?demoid=80380.
Perks for signing up under me:
- I have committed to having additional samples created using the kit by the first week of the month. That way those that are cardmakers have options just like those that scrapbook or like decor.
- I will post frequent updates to the Pinterest board I have dedicated to Paper Pumpkin projects - again providing you inspiration to use with your kit if you need something different from the instructions included!
- I will host a Paper Pumpkin party that is free for the recipients of Paper Pumpkin with me. Those crafting friends can come for free and enjoy good company and a pumpkin snack while putting together your kits. These events will usually be the first Wednesday of the month! There will also be a door prize given each month to the attendees and if you want to make any of the samples I show using the kit (that doesn't require hardware like frames), I will provide that for attendees as well.
Tomorrow I'm posting my final and favorite project using this kit. Remember that all the samples this week were made in under 90 minutes and any of them can be recreated by any of you by substituting in whatever cardstock and background stamp you have handy!
Have a craftastic day,