- Saying: Happy Thanksgiving
- Saying: Holiday calories don't count
- Saying: There's no such thing as too much pie
- Saying: Thankful for you
- Image: small heart
Today's project is another décor item. I love my kids - moms do that - but I am also super thankful for them. Becoming a mom was not something I ever planned to do. I was career driven, selfish, and enjoyed my wine and my spirits. But when my husband and I started talking about making a family, I figured that it was a good challenge and I was ready to make some life changes. My children saved me from becoming something other than my best because I think that being a mother was my calling. I was not prepared for the level of change becoming a parent brings into your life but it's the best roller coaster and adventure I could be on. Now with two, I never know what each day will bring but as long as there are smiles like these, I'm game for whatever happens.
For this project, I cut up a box. The pieces I didn't use are what you've seen on the other projects from the week. I scored the triangles at 1/2 from the top and folded down over a piece of yarn that is knotted into a loop at each end. The center piece is the box top that is also scored at 1/2 and folded over the yarn. The "Thankful for You" saying is cut from another of the sides and layered using dimensionals. The pom pom is about 1/4 of a yarn ball. The yellow heart is punched from the yellow feather using the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and up on dimensionals.
Supplies outside of the Paper Pumpkin kit:
- Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Scissors, Dimensionals, Bone Folder
YOU CAN DO THIS TOO!
To sign up for Paper Pumpkin, visit https://mypaperpumpkin.com/en/?demoid=80380.
Perks for signing up under me:
- I have committed to having additional samples created using the kit by the first week of the month. That way those that are cardmakers have options just like those that scrapbook or like decor.
- I will post frequent updates to the Pinterest board I have dedicated to Paper Pumpkin projects - again providing you inspiration to use with your kit if you need something different from the instructions included!
- I will host a Paper Pumpkin party that is free for the recipients of Paper Pumpkin with me. Those crafting friends can come for free and enjoy good company and a pumpkin snack while putting together your kits. These events will usually be the first Wednesday of the month! There will also be a door prize given each month to the attendees and if you want to make any of the samples I show using the kit (that doesn't require hardware like frames), I will provide that for attendees as well.
Tomorrow I will be posting the treat holder that Callie and I made for her Halloween party at school. They are so cute, it's scary...
Have a craftastic day,