Each one she opens, she reads and then sometimes asks how we know that person if she doesn't recognize the name. Then she says her favorite part about the card - the image, the colors, the glitter! She stares at them on the door as they grow and grow and it makes us all smile to see all those Christmas images and photos. It reminds us of how much love we have in our lives and how much of a blessing each person is.
Many of my friends have been trying to find ways to get their children to understand the true meaning of Christmas. In many cases, this is coming from a religious perspective or a service perspective to show how lucky they all are. What about having your children make a few cards and dropping them off at an assisted living center near you? Giving someone a Christmas card ignites hope and love and that is what we feel Christmas is about. I don't expect my 6 year old to say that presents are not her favorite part but each year she discovers something more about the season and that is all I could ask for.
Callie and I will be doing this and delivering them when school is out to the facility near us. And then we will also be giving them a stack of birthday cards to use for their residents for the same reason - because a card shows someone is thinking of you. What better gift is there than that to give someone?
So speaking of gifts, today's project is a gift card holder that I taught at my Christmas camps.
- Stamp Merry Christmas on one of the smaller rectangles of Very Vanilla. Set aside to dry.
- Fold the score lines for the long Very Vanilla piece. Put Tear and Tape at 3 1/8. Tear off the backing and adhere against the 5" score line.
- Add the Cherry DSP to the inside. Add the Holly DSP to the outside.
- Fold the Cherry Cobbler on the score line and then adhere around the gift card holder so it slides off.
- Tie the three twines together in a knot. Cut the ends and fray.
- Punch out the saying using the 1 3/4 punch. Layer on the Garden Green circle using adhesive.
- Put dimensionals on the belly band over the twine and attach the circles.
- Cardstock: Very Vanilla (2 @ 3 3/4 x 2 1/2, 10 x 4 1/4 - scored at 3, 4, 5, & 8 and cut at 4" line with 1/4 each side remaining), Cherry Cobbler (7 x 1 - scored at 2"), This is Specialty DSP (Green DSP - 2" Circle, Holly DSP - 4 x 1 3/4, 2 @ 4 x 2 3/4, Cherry Lattice - 4 x 1 3/4, 2 @ 4 x 2 3/4, 2 @ 4 x 3/4)
- Ink: Cherry Cobbler
- Stamps: My Hero (RMHC Set)
- Accessories: Bakers Twine Trio - 14" each, 1 3/4 Circle Punch
To order supplies for these projects, please visit my online store here. Please use this hostess code when checking out when you find something to order if ordering by December 24th.
- December Code: The code through Christmas is WEEMARQ7.
Remember to order by December 15th to ensure delivery by Christmas!
It’s our Year End Closeout Sale – take a look at these great specials! These include discounts up to 60% on retiring holiday products, clearance items, and high inventory items. Those placing orders through my Web site will be put into a drawing for a doorprize – hint – it’s something new from the new occasions catalog!
Link to Online Store: https://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/CategoryPage.aspx?categoryid=10600&dbws=80380
Just a few notes:
- High inventory items are on discount through January 3rd.
- Retiring accessories are while supplies last.
- Retiring items will all discontinue as of January 3rd.
- Retiring holiday stamp sets are guaranteed through December 21st.
WHAT IS PAPER PUMPKIN?
While we have many great products on closeout, there is one program that you really should check out as well. I only sell things I'm passionate about and this product line is definitely one of my favorites!
Paper Pumpkin is creativity in a box. It costs $19.95 plus tax and ships to your mailbox once a month. It contains everything you need for your own creative escape. Besides the instructions and pieces for the cards or project, it also contains ink and photopolymer stamps and usually the adhesive you need as well. My subscribers will also get a project sheet with tips and additional ideas and instructions that they can make with the supplies in the kits and sometimes some supplemental supplies. They also are invited to participate in a free Paper Pumpkin Playdate to make their kits using any of my additional supplies like framelits and punches! It's a wonderful program and I'd love for you to try it out! Sign up by the 10th of the month to get that month's kit!
You can sign up here: https://mypaperpumpkin.com/en/?demoid=80380
JOIN MY TEAM
If you are interested in joining out team and participating in monthly meetings with free make-n-take projects and outstanding company, contact me today or go here to sign up! You can get $125 in free merchandise that you choose yourself for only $99 plus tax. The new Occasion catalog is coming out and you could pre-order from it as a demonstrator! Contact me today for more information!
Come back tomorrow for more ideas!
Have a craftastic day,