In addition to fun sweater photos, I put together a crafting kit for each attendee. When the wonderful hostess asked me to put together a crafting kit that her guests could make that went with the theme, I was immediately hit with the Cable Knit dynamic embossing folder as an option because it looked like a sweater, even if it's not ugly! What resulted was a kit full of fun projects featuring the Warmth and Cheer product line and the Stitched with Cheer stamp set.
I made this card for her camp and feel like it is super cozy indeed! We chose to do notecards because they were the perfect size for quicker cards and I love that they come with cards and envelopes if anyone wanted to make their own version at home at a great cost! This card about put the non-crafters over the edge but they all loved the final product once we walked them step by step through it!
- Run the Garden Green cardstock through the Big Shot using the Platform, folder, and one cutting mat. Add tear and tape to the top and bottom and attach to the Whisper White Notecard.
- Make a banner end on the yellow strip of DSP and attach to the front with adhesive.
- Attach the 2 x 2 square of patterned paper to the card using adhesive.
- Stamp the saying in Garden Green ink on Whisper White and attach to the card using adhesive.
- Add a small piece of green washi tape under the saying as shown.
- Tie a bow in the 8" of Garden Green twine and attach to the card using a glue dot. Trim the ends.
- Cardstock: Garden Green (4 3/4 x 3 1/4), Warmth and Cheer DSP (2 x 2, 4 1/2 x 1), Whisper White (2 x 1, notecard with envelope)
- Ink: Garden Green
- Stamp Set: Stitched with Cheer
- Accessories: Big Shot with Platform and Cutting Mats, Cable Knit Dynamic Embossing Folder, Baker's Twine Trio Pack, Warmth and Cheer Washi Tape, Glue Dots, Adhesive, Scissors
If you want to jazz it up or make a full size card, there is also this option which I taught Thursday to a small group. Instructions are the same except you run a piece of Cherry Cobbler through the Big Shot with the 3rd largest square from the Stitched Shapes framelits to add a little pop of color behind the square of DSP.
To order supplies for these projects, please visit my online store here. Please use this hostess code when checking out when you find something to order if ordering by December 24th.
- December Code: The code through Christmas is WEEMARQ7.
It’s our Year End Closeout Sale – take a look at these great specials! These include discounts up to 60% on retiring holiday products, clearance items, and high inventory items. Those placing orders through my Web site will be put into a drawing for a doorprize – hint – it’s something new from the new occasions catalog!
Link to Online Store: https://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/CategoryPage.aspx?categoryid=10600&dbws=80380
Just a few notes:
- High inventory items are on discount through January 3rd.
- Retiring accessories are while supplies last.
- Retiring items will all discontinue as of January 3rd.
- Retiring holiday stamp sets are guaranteed through December 21st.
WHAT IS PAPER PUMPKIN?
While we have many great products on closeout, there is one program that you really should check out as well. I only sell things I'm passionate about and this product line is definitely one of my favorites!
Paper Pumpkin is creativity in a box. It costs $19.95 plus tax and ships to your mailbox once a month. It contains everything you need for your own creative escape. Besides the instructions and pieces for the cards or project, it also contains ink and photopolymer stamps and usually the adhesive you need as well. My subscribers will also get a project sheet with tips and additional ideas and instructions that they can make with the supplies in the kits and sometimes some supplemental supplies. They also are invited to participate in a free Paper Pumpkin Playdate to make their kits using any of my additional supplies like framelits and punches! It's a wonderful program and I'd love for you to try it out! Sign up by the 10th of the month to get that month's kit!
You can sign up here: https://mypaperpumpkin.com/en/?demoid=80380
JOIN MY TEAM
If you are interested in joining out team and participating in monthly meetings with free make-n-take projects and outstanding company, contact me today or go here to sign up! You can get $125 in free merchandise that you choose yourself for only $99 plus tax. The new Occasion catalog is coming out and you could pre-order from it as a demonstrator! Contact me today for more information!
Come back tomorrow for more ideas!
Have a craftastic day,