For this camp project, I wanted to bring back an oldie but goodie. We haven't heat embossed at my house for a while and it was nice to see experienced stampers and new stampers fall in love with it like I did. These big stamps are perfect to emboss since they don't have as many detailed images on them so they are easy to stamp and get clean embossing.
The key to embossing for me is using the Embossing Buddy. While I also use it to take the sticky off die cuts for my scrapbooks so I can put dimensionals on everything (love me some dimensionals!), it works great as intended to keep little dots of embossing powder from ruining an otherwise beautiful project!
- Attach the DSP to the bottom of the Crumb Cake cardstock using adhesive.
- Rub the embossing buddy on the Crumb Cake and Real Red. Stamp the big saying using VersaMark by lining the bottom of the wood block with the striped paper. Emboss with White Powder using the embossing gun.
- Stamp the other saying in VersaMark on the Real Red piece. Heat emboss and cut out.
- Add adhesive around the Crumb Cake cardstock and add the Candy Cane ribbon. Adhere to the Whisper White card.
- Tie the twine around the ribbon and make a bow. Trim the ends.
- Add the saying to the inside using adhesive.
- Cardstock: Whisper White (8 1/2 x 5 1/2), Real Red (scrap), Crumb Cake (5 1/4 x 4), Candy Cane DSP (5 1/2 x 1)
- Ink: VersaMark
- Stamps: Wonderful Year
- Accessories: Twine (12"), Candy Cane Stitched Ribbon (6 1/2"), Embossing Buddy, White Embossing Powder, Adhesive, Scissors, Embossing Gun
To order supplies for these projects, please visit my online store here. Please use this hostess code when checking out when you find something to order if ordering by December 24th.
- December Code: The code through Christmas is WEEMARQ7.
It’s our Year End Closeout Sale – take a look at these great specials! These include discounts up to 60% on retiring holiday products, clearance items, and high inventory items. Those placing orders through my Web site will be put into a drawing for a doorprize – hint – it’s something new from the new occasions catalog!
Link to Online Store: https://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/CategoryPage.aspx?categoryid=10600&dbws=80380
Just a few notes:
- High inventory items are on discount through January 3rd.
- Retiring accessories are while supplies last.
- Retiring items will all discontinue as of January 3rd.
- Retiring holiday stamp sets are guaranteed through December 21st.
WHAT IS PAPER PUMPKIN?
While we have many great products on closeout, there is one program that you really should check out as well. I only sell things I'm passionate about and this product line is definitely one of my favorites!
Paper Pumpkin is creativity in a box. It costs $19.95 plus tax and ships to your mailbox once a month. It contains everything you need for your own creative escape. Besides the instructions and pieces for the cards or project, it also contains ink and photopolymer stamps and usually the adhesive you need as well. My subscribers will also get a project sheet with tips and additional ideas and instructions that they can make with the supplies in the kits and sometimes some supplemental supplies. They also are invited to participate in a free Paper Pumpkin Playdate to make their kits using any of my additional supplies like framelits and punches! It's a wonderful program and I'd love for you to try it out! Sign up by the 10th of the month to get that month's kit!
You can sign up here: https://mypaperpumpkin.com/en/?demoid=80380
JOIN MY TEAM
If you are interested in joining out team and participating in monthly meetings with free make-n-take projects and outstanding company, contact me today or go here to sign up! You can get $125 in free merchandise that you choose yourself for only $99 plus tax. The new Occasion catalog is coming out and you could pre-order from it as a demonstrator! Contact me today for more information!
Come back tomorrow for more ideas!
Have a craftastic day,