Kids, like adults, love washi tape so I started with this project to make a personalized ornament for the year. The kids had a blast picking their colors and patterns and the boys had as much fun creating as the girls! Once they cover their cardstock with tape, they ran it through the Big Shot with the Delicate Ornament Framelits which made them all feel magical! I took their pictures when they arrived and cut them out using the medium circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits. I don't like using punches on photos because they bend instead of cut so the framelits are a nice addition.
I did let them use both current and retired washi tape. I had so much leftover from last year and it's currently on sale on the Clearance Rack!
- Wrap the washi tape of your choice around the piece of White cardstock. Trim the ends or wrap them.
- Run through the Big Shot using the Magnetic Platform, Cutting Pads, and the Delicate Ornament Framelit.
- Run the Gold Glimmer Paper through the Big Shot to create the ornament topper. Add this using a dimensional.
- Tie the Candy Cane Baker's Twine through the top.
- Run the photo through the Big Shot using the 2nd smallest circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits. Attach to the ornament using dimensionals.
- Cardstock: Whisper White (3 x 3), Gold Glimmer Paper (scrap)
- Stamp Set: Non
- Accessories: Big Shot, Cutting Mats, Magnetic Platform, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Delicate Ornaments Framelits, 2014-2016 In Color Washi Tape, Candy Cane Washi Tape, Warmth and Cheer Washi Tape, Candy Cane Twine, Scissors, and Glue Dots
To order supplies for these projects, please visit my online store here. Please use this hostess code when checking out when you find something to order if ordering by December 24th.
- December Code: The code through Christmas is WEEMARQ7.
It’s our Year End Closeout Sale – take a look at these great specials! These include discounts up to 60% on retiring holiday products, clearance items, and high inventory items. Those placing orders through my Web site will be put into a drawing for a doorprize – hint – it’s something new from the new occasions catalog!
Link to Online Store: https://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/CategoryPage.aspx?categoryid=10600&dbws=80380
Just a few notes:
- High inventory items are on discount through January 3rd.
- Retiring accessories are while supplies last.
- Retiring items will all discontinue as of January 3rd.
- Retiring holiday stamp sets are guaranteed through December 21st.
WHAT IS PAPER PUMPKIN?
While we have many great products on closeout, there is one program that you really should check out as well. I only sell things I'm passionate about and this product line is definitely one of my favorites!
Paper Pumpkin is creativity in a box. It costs $19.95 plus tax and ships to your mailbox once a month. It contains everything you need for your own creative escape. Besides the instructions and pieces for the cards or project, it also contains ink and photopolymer stamps and usually the adhesive you need as well. My subscribers will also get a project sheet with tips and additional ideas and instructions that they can make with the supplies in the kits and sometimes some supplemental supplies. They also are invited to participate in a free Paper Pumpkin Playdate to make their kits using any of my additional supplies like framelits and punches! It's a wonderful program and I'd love for you to try it out! Sign up by the 10th of the month to get that month's kit!
You can sign up here: https://mypaperpumpkin.com/en/?demoid=80380
JOIN MY TEAM
If you are interested in joining out team and participating in monthly meetings with free make-n-take projects and outstanding company, contact me today or go here to sign up! You can get $125 in free merchandise that you choose yourself for only $99 plus tax. The new Occasion catalog is coming out and you could pre-order from it as a demonstrator! Contact me today for more information!
Come back tomorrow for more ideas!
Have a craftastic day,