Today's project is one for my stamp camp next weekend. The hostess requested two holiday projects and three other cards working for other occasions all designed using the Tealish color schemes. It was an interesting one to design too since this is a color scheme I stay away from. It gives me creative block but in prepping this camp, I now have several cards just for my mother-in-law who LOVES this scheme too!
My camera is still somewhere in the world so my apologies for the poor quality of this photo. I hope to hear back from Nikon in time for Thanksgiving!!!
This project utilizes Coastal Cabana. I wanted to keep it simple but also show off some of my favorite products and some of the more versatile products that Stampin' Up! sells since I am not familiar with all the attendees of this workshop!
- Cardstock: Very Vanilla (8 1/2 x 5 1/2, 3 1/4 x 4 1/2, 2 1/2 x 3 3/4, scrap), Coastal Cabana (3 1/4 x 1, scrap)
- Ink: Coastal Cabana
- Stamps: Sketched Birthday
- Accessories: Big Shot & Cutting Mats, Multi-purpose Platform, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Basic Rhinestones, Magnetic Platform, Bitty Banner Framelit, Dimensionals, Dauber, Bone Folder, Scissors, Adhesive
I tried to do a banner with the strip across the card but it just didn't look the way I wanted so I cut it down to match that second Very Vanilla layer. You could use any embossing folder to give this piece dimension and the sponging adds another layer of color. The cake piece is cut out and sponged as well and then up on a dimensional. The sayings are both cut using the Bitty Banner framelits and are up on dimensionals. Then I put a few strategically placed rhinestones to complete the project!
What are my favorite products mentioned before in this project?
- Dimensionals - Favorite Stampin' Up! product and they are only a few dollars per package! I use them to give my projects dimension and they are the perfect height. Other products that offer similar function are either too bulky or the wrong size or the wrong height. I use these on every card, mini book, and scrapbook page I make!
- Big Shot - I think this revolutionized my crafting and artistry. I use it for everything!
- Embossing Folders - I have most of them and I think they make an easy card look masterful!
- Magnetic Platform - I love my post-its but it's nice to have them back for notes and use this great tool to keep my framelits PERFECT every time!
- Basic Rhinestones - Sometimes a little bling is all a card needs.
- Tip - use the tip of your paper piercing tool to get the rhinestones off the sheet so that it will pull the adhesive off the sheet too. If it sticks to your piercer, you'll know you got all the adhesive!
The hostess code for online orders for next month is G3SGBMJK. Anyone that purchases anything online by 11/24 can enter this code. We have reached a qualifying workshop already this month so I will draw a mystery hostess from those that purchased and the lucky winner will get the free merchandise (currently at $30).
Have a craftastic day,