Some of the page protectors lend themselves to inserting little mini books versus single photos so that you can get more happy holiday faces into your scrapbook!
This one isn't a mini book as much as a solution for pull outs in divided albums in general. I've found in the past that if I use a tab on a photo, it eventually comes unglued. I'm not a fan of staples and I have never actually sewed on a card. So I was trying to find a way to pull out photos to easily see what is on the other side. In this case, it's my lovely Grandma on one side and my adorable Mother-in-Law on the other. To do this technique, you have to put something on each side to cover up the hole.
- Punch a hole with the small heart punch at the top of the Old Olive 4 x 6 piece, about 1/2 from the top. The point of the bottom of the heart should face the right edge of the cardstock.
- Take one of the strips leftover from cutting your DSP and fold in half.
- Insert it into the heart and add adhesive to keep it closed.
- Create a banner end using your scissors or the hexagon punch.
- Layer a photo on the front and back of the cardstock to cover up the hole.